The event is full, to be added to the waiting list please contact Jim Patterson at email@example.com
The San Diego Chapter has arranged for a full experience of the new, world-class BMW Performance Center West in nearby Thermal (Palm Springs area). This event will include nearly non-stop driving excitement in their new M cars and other fun BMW models. Suitable for any experience-level driver, we will pair up two drivers per car and use most of the facility for these events:
• Hot laps in M cars around the 1.3 mile North Palm circuit led by an Instructor. Loaner helmets will be available, or bring your own Snell 2005 or later helmet if you have one.
• “BMW Buffet” to sample an M235i, M4, M5, and other models for several laps of an autocross-style course
• Skidpad “rat race” competition driving an M3 around a slick skidpad
• M3 autocross competition with practice plus several timed runs
• M-car Drag Race ending with a tight stop box
Our event includes lunch served at the Performance Center with gourmet sandwiches, salads, cookies, and beverages.
DETAILS: We can only accommodate the first 100 members who register. The Performance Center will use over 60 cars at the various events to give us plenty of track time while there, with two drivers per car alternating for equal seat time. You must be a BMW CCA member to participate. It will likely be warm, but we will be inside cars with the A/C on and windows up nearly the entire time. The BMW CCA entry fee is $199 per driver (4 hours of seat time vs. the public $299 fee for a 2-hour program and $775 for a 6-hour program). Registration will be on a first come, first served basis, with a deadline of August 21, 2015.
To register, mail a check for $199.00 payable to BMW CCA San Diego, plus driver’s name, email, and BMW CCA number to
Jim Patterson 8625 Milbury Road, San Diego, CA 92129.