EVENT DAY INFO
• Helmets must be Snell 2010 or Snell 2015, full face and visor are required if running an open-wheeled car.
• All cars MUST be under a 91 dB noise level and we’ll be checking! Over 91 dB = no autocross.
• We do run if it’s raining—you’ll learn more and your tires will wear less!
• You must be a BMW CCA member to participate. Join online at www.bmwcca.org in advance.
• We usually fill all the spots prior to the event, so register online early.
• If you choose to register onsite, arrive no later than 7:30 am. Spots are not guaranteed. Onsite registration is $75
• The entry fee of $65 includes breakfast items, lunch and beverages. Additional lunches for guests can be purchased for $8 at Registration.
• Your car must pass a tech inspection.
Onsite registration costs $10 extra and openings are NOT guaranteed. Sign up online to save money and secure your spot.
6:30 am – Gates Open
7:00 am – Registration and Tech Inspection Open
8:00 am – Tech Inspection Closes (no inspection = no autocross)
8:20 am – Driver Meeting (mandatory)
9:00 am – Course Opens
11:30-1:30 (approx.) – Lunch served
The day typically ends between 4 – 4:30 pm.
When you arrive:
- If you registered online, stop at the Gate, sign the waiver, receive your wrist band and receive your Tech Card.
- If you did not register online, you will receive a numbered card at Gate in order of arrival; take it to the Registration table after you go through Tech. Walk-up spots are not guaranteed.
- Empty all loose items from your car and fill out the participant portion of the Tech Card. Bring your car and Tech Card to the Tech Line. If you pass Tech, you will receive a tech sticker and a run group sticker.
- Take your Tech Card to Registration. You will receive car numbers to place on your side windows.
- If you don’t have a helmet, you can rent one at the Timing Trailer for $10.
We’ve all had a first time and we’re all still learning, so relax, have fun and enjoy your time with us. You will have an instructor take you around the course for one lap in your car showing you turn-in points, braking zones and so on. Your instructor will then ride with you for your next three laps helping you learn the course. In your next session, and during the timed runs, you can have an instructor with you or you can go solo if your instructor feels you're ready. These events are what you make them; you can push for good lap times and enjoy the friendly competition or you can have more of a social event where running laps is just another part of a fun-filled day.